Monday, May 25, 2009

We did it

So, Saturday morning, the kid and I headed to Kennesaw Mountain Park to walk up the mountain. As I previously stated, I was not necessarily looking forward to taking my daughter but it turned out well. It was drizzling rain on our way up and I prayed that the rain would hold off until we finish....and it did.

She did very well. I was so proud of her. We may do it again on Saturday. The city of Woodstock is having a choice4kids 5k to educate parents and kids on childhood obesity and I really want to take her to that...so we will see what happens.

Today is a day of relaxation for me. While my daughter is trying to get me to take her to the pool in our subdivision, I plan on taking a break and "chillin out".

Later this afternoon, we will go over to my sisters house for dinner, then back to work tomorrow.

Since I work from home and my kid is out of school; we will spend this week getting into our summer routine. Our children's ministry at church is having a pool party to kick off the summer; it's on Thursday afternoon. So, I've worked out a plan to take my daughter to the pool party and work also.

I would like her to attend basketball camp, but I'm apprehensive about the camps because I don't personally know the people involved...and the kids are grouped with older kids. I personally don't agree with 7 yr olds being grouped with 13 yrs old kids. So, I will keep looking.

One more thought, out bible class lesson yesterday was about "discipleship". This was a very sobering lesson that convicted me. If you recall me mentioning in my last post, that I didn't feel like I was participating in life...well, our lesson reintegrated that but for different reasons. I will continue to share my thoughts on this as I meditate on this.

No comments: