Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Ramblings

It is so hot! On Saturday, we went to Stone Mountain Park to a picnic that one of my friends planned. It was really nice. I can't believe I sat outdoors for almost 8 hours. Things have definitely changed.

Last night was water aerobics with my daughter and it was a great class. I took my nephew too; he's older and he plays football but I think he really enjoyed it... He had never done anything like that before. He can swim but my daughter and I can not.

My little one is getting more and more comfortable in the water after just 2 classes. One of the parents has really taken her time to work with my daughter before and after class to help her float etc.

Sunday night, I took 3 teenage boys, my daughter and one of her friends to Acworth Beach...I was nervous about the girls going because they are so much younger and can't swim... but my nephews can swim and they are ages 13,15 and 16. We will probably do that again soon. It was so relaxing for me.. I sat on the beach watching the sun set while the kids played.

I am not sure if I've mentioned this before but I am a single parent. My daughter is adopted; she was 6 1/2 months when I become her foster mother and the adoption was final when she turned 4 years old. She doesn't know that she's adopted yet; my decision to adopt her has changed my life.

Parenting her is the most difficult thing I've ever done in my life. She has a very strong personality. Quite frankly, she wouldn't be alive if it wasn't for her perseverance...she's a blessing to me and I hope I am one to her. Sometimes, I feel so inadequate.

One of her friends parent invited her to go to Six Flags this week; she earned a free ticket by reading during the school year. I am hesitant to let her go, but I will pray about it. I rarely allow her out with other people. I'm just really careful about that especially because she can be so "head strong" sometimes. She's a bossy little smart girl. :)

My big concern about her going with other is the fact that she's a risk taker....that's totally opposite from my personality...Over-all she's a good kid, she's very creative and she can entertain herself. She never gives up which is a blessing and a curse... Well enough about her....

OK, just a little about my weight....I am stuck between 152-154...I am still considered overweight. I wear mostly a size 8's and some size 6's. In shirts/tops/blouses, I wear mostly small and some mediums. I never in my widest dreams thought I would like this size. I'm content but I would like to wear less than 145 so I can be considered normal size.

I just started exercising so I hope to get rid of the last 8+ lbs.

I've been working late for the last several weeks; I am off to take my daughter out...maybe to the park so she won't be so bored. Since I work from home she's stuck here in the house all day unless I plan an activity after work with her.

Anyway, until next time...

No comments: